Kitchener, ON, Canada
OBJECTIVE: To obtain a full-time position in which I can make a meaningful contribution to the growth of a quality organization and gather knowledge in the field of computer science.
EDUCATION: Master of Mathematics, Computer Science December 2010 University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Canada
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science May 2005
Minor: International Business
Harding University, Arkansas, United States
GPA: 3.80/4.0 = 95%
SKILLS: Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows, Linux
C#, Java, Visual Basic.Net, C++, Perl.
SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, and SQL Server Reporting Services.
Team Foundation Server, JIRA, Bitbucket, GIT, Subversion, Veracode, IIS, WebLogic,
WebSphere, NAnt, NUnit, Web Experience Management CMS, Microsoft Office
PROFILE: Great communicator; effective team leader.
Very organized personally and professionally; great attention to detail.
Truly responsible and dedicated; due dates accomplished on time.
EXPERIENCE: Sunlife Financial Waterloo, Canada Application Designer - Individual Insurance May 2016 – Present
· Developed the Starting a family portal, a re-imagined client onboarding experience for retail insurance (https://www.sunnet.sunlife.com/lifemoments/startingafamily/).
· Designed, and developed back-end components (Restful APIs) for the family portal by using Java, Spring Boot, Maven, and MongoDB. Unit tests were written using Mockito.
· Designed, created, and developed the Document Center application, a web-based platform which allows clients to go paperless, and view all their documents (Statements, Tax Receipts, Advisor Agreements, etc) in one place. The website is being developed in Java with Spring MVC, JQuery, Mustache, React, WEM, WebSphere, WCF Services, and SQL Server databases.
· Smoothly transitioned from .NET to Java technologies, by successfully configuring, designing, and developing the foundation of the Document Centre Spring MVC project.
· Used Scrum as a software development approach. Wrote, and sized user stories based on the stakeholder’s requirements, and facilitated Scrum meetings (sprint planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospective).